- Is this class all I need to get my permit?
- Once the class is done, you will need a passport photo and a photocopy of your Driver’s License. Your completed application will be put together in a packet and either mailed to or dropped off at BCI with their fee of $46.
- I have been arrested in the past, does this disqualify me?
- Check BCI’s website or call them directly for your specific circumstances. Most Class B Misdemeanors 4 years or older are generally not a problem, however Domestic Violence or Felony convictions will disqualify you.
- How long does it take to get my permit?
- State law gives BCI 60 days, but they are currently running 45-50 days.
- Can I bring a guest?
- Anyone can bring a guest FREE of charge, however only paying students will receive their signed and stamped application for submittal to BCI.
- What other states recognize Utah’s CFP?
- Do I have to pay online or can I pay at the class?
- You may pay through Paypal using the Pay Now button to the left, however Cash is preferred at the class. We also accept credit and debit cards at the class.
- How long do I have after the class to apply with BCI for my permit?
- The application is good for 1 year after the date of the class.
- How long is the class?
- The class usually lasts 3 to 4 hours.
- Do I need to bring a notepad and pen with me?
- It is not necessary but feel free.
- What is included in the class?
- You’ll receive your application, passport photo, a fingerprint card and a CD loaded with information including Utah law to review on your own at a later date.
- How far in advance do I need to register?
- For house calls, I need a minimum of 1 week advance notice. For regularly scheduled classes, please register online as early as possible. However, if your schedule changes, please check the calendar and re-register.
- How many students are required for a house call?
- A minimum of 10 students is required. If you would like to host a class and have 10 attendees, yours will be FREE.
- What is BCI?
- What does CFP mean?